Monday, June 6, 2011

Dinosaur Comics

Dinosaur Comics by Ryan North is a webcomic that has been running since 2003.  In each and every installment the artwork is exactly the same.  Only the dialog changes.  This installment, from 2004, involved a map, specifically a treasure map. It was actually guest written by one Per Jorner, who was filling in for North for several episodes during that time.  Oddly enough, the installment from the day before was also geographically-related (see below).  I don't think that happens often with Dinosaur Comics.  But I'm not sure 'cause I don't follow this one at all.  I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled across this one in the first place. But from what I gather it's fairly popular.... in some circles... I guess....

By the way, like XKCD, at the actual webcomic, there is an extra "title-text" message that pops up while hovering over the image:

see, it's ironic both because he destroyed the treasure markers and because the trees would have been chopped down to build the cabins.
Here's the one from the previous day (click on any image to make it bigger and easier to read):

No comments:

Post a Comment