Monday, March 19, 2012

Sponsored GPS

From Betty by Gary Delainey and Gerry Rasmussen. This has got to have already happened to one of you, yes?

It very much reminds me of a time a few years ago when I was driving in the car with my son and the conversation maneuvered itself into a place where he was explaining to me the directions of how to get to some place we had been talking about.  All of his directions were in reference to restaurants..  Things like "2 blocks past the Burger King" and "Turn left at the McDonald's"... only he wasn't only referencing fast food joints, he was also mentioning the smaller local joints... places I never noticed and often I had no idea which places he was even describing.  What's more, we had never, ever been to any of them.  We'd been to Taco Bell... a local burrito chain... and a food cart.... and that's it. We don't watch TV either, so he couldn't have learned of those places that way. But he was giving me all these directions using all these restaurants as if we knew all these establishments intimately.  I was a little spooked, and very amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment