Thursday, May 5, 2011

Magic woids

Let's do some Bugs Bunny again, shall we?



My friend Heather submitted This 1963 Bugs Bunny cartoon "Transylvania 6-5000" for the blog citing the geographically mislocated superstar rabbit. While he does do his iconic burrowing long distances to open the show, Bugs Bunny doesn't pop out of the ground with the idiosyncratic reference to a "wrong toin at Albaqoiquey".

Heather also pointed out that in the magic duel at the end of the cartoon Bugs Bunny wins by using odd place names rather than the stereotypical magic words, Newport News and Walla Walla Washington being the most potent.

I gotta admit, when I was little this particular Bugs Bunny cartoon scared the crap outa me.

While I was looking up the embed code for this video I found another Bugs Bunny cartoon, "Napoleon Bunny-part", that appears to have the most map-related gags of any Bugs Bunny cartoon ever made:



There's the tunneling and "wrong toin" gag at the beginning of course, but then there's at least two more gag sequences focused entirely upon Napoleon's battle map.

Do enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment