Thursday, February 17, 2011

Animated Atlas


My friend Daniel Dixon sent this to me recently so I'm going to count it as a submission for the blog. It is a fun animated map that shows the expansion of the US over time. One person who saw this said: "I just learned more about this subject in 10 minutes than I did in 16 years of school." It is actually rather impressive.  This is the kind of format I'd love to see in an ideal interactive history website:  A map with a scroll bar that lets the user scroll back and forth through time.  Users could click on any location and up pops more information about what happened there at any particular time.  And that's essentially what this "Animated Atlas" company is trying to produce.  If you like it consider buying their other animated atlas products. 

I've actually got quite a number of these sorts of animated map things so I think I'll make Thursdays Animated Map day for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment