Monday, August 31, 2009

I love mapping comics

The incomparable Randall Munroe and his xkcd comic strike again, this time with a tribute to the Discovery Channel's take on the old campfire standby "I Love the Daffodils". Click on the image to make it larger and more legible.  Note the two frames with the "I love the whole world" dialog. The second one is actually a small clip from the another earlier xkcd post that was a rendition of a map of online communities (not to be confused with the map of the internet post).

Go to this actual webcomic, hover over the image, and there will be an additional message in the "title-text" . This one says:

I love the title-text!
And that's how I learned that such things are called "title-text".  Self-referential jokes are the best.  I'm always learnin' stuff from xkcd.

No comments:

Post a Comment