Wednesday, July 15, 2009

FoxTrot Satellite 3



Definitely echoes from the early 2000's. The second 3 Star Wars movies definitely got a bad rap. I personally liked them well enough. But I don't know that they ever could have lived up to the originals. Jar-Jar was jarring, sure. And the holes in the plots were large enough to walk an At-At through (Why in the world couldn't the Jedis have simply gone back and freed Anakin's mother from a life in slavery? Wouldn't that have dramitically mitigated Anakin's evil streak?). But then again the original 3 were campy and flawed in their own right. But tremendously ground-breaking and iconic. Star Wars will always be a landmark in cinematic and cultural history, for good or ill.

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome. I've always loved Foxtrot. I'm a little bummed Bill Amend is only doing Sunday strips anymore. But at least he hasn't quit altogether. I have several more Foxtrots that will get their turn on the post.

    ReplyDelete